Are you the shopper who walks through the mall casually viewing the shopping windows or the one who's on a mission for that perfect pair of pumps? Can a shopping style summarize a person? I confess to being the latter of these two shoppers. Today, like every other shopping trip, I was guilty of speeding through the mall to find my bargains and be on my way. But today, unlike the other days, I was not alone. My older, more relaxed, brother reminded me to stop and smell the roses. And in this break I found my own breath of fresh air. But what about people who don't stop and take a break? Is that what I have to look forward in the coming years of my career? Watching old reruns of 48 hours mystery I wonder is that what drives insanity? Is hate fueled by exhaustion? We all get caught up in our daily routines without stopping to take our own breather, but thats when life starts to just pass us by. I'm guilty of not being a high profile lawyer or a doctor who is too busy saving lives to stop and take life in. I'm just a student trying to get by in life and find my calling. But I am also guilty of not stopping to cherish all that is around me. Here is my challenge. Take time off and enjoy the little things that are around you that others may not have. Find joy in the small things that you do have instead of focusing on your desires. Call someone you love but have not spoken too in awhile and remind them how you care, for it is through the little things that you truly start to experience life instead of watching it pass you by. As for my overly average life, I promise to wake up tomorrow, slow-down, and enjoy that first breathe that every glorious morning brings.
Day 2 Challenge : Stop and Smell the Roses
Peace and Love.
Sensible Sophie
P.S. If there is anyone out there reading this, sorry the post is so late. Lets not count this as already skipping a day on my New Years Resolution to write everyday!

No comments:
Post a Comment